boston vegetarian food festival
i stopped by the boston vegetarian food festival on sunday afternoon.
i’ll start with the pictures…i didn’t take too many…my hands were busy grabbing samples and shoveling them into my mouth.
the festival was held at the reggie lewis athletic center…it was crowded and crazy in there. not the ideal location, but i can’t really complain about a venue that provides free parking in the city!
this was a great opportunity to sample some popular “blog-land” products that i’ve been curious about.
vega: i tried a few flavors of their whole foods health optimizer protein powder. the taste was good enough mixed with soy milk, but i’d probably prefer it mixed into a smoothie.
amazing grass: i asked to sample a bar and the guy cut up a berry whole food energy bar for me. it was just okay, not good enough to pay for. i really wanted to try the chocolate flavor but decided not to push my luck. i also tried the berry superfood powder. again, just okay. i don’t know why they were being so not-generous with their chocolate flavors since that’s what everyone seems to rave about.
edward and sons: i tried their rice toasts and rice snaps with nacho cheese dip. i love how crunchy the rice snaps were! i was hesitant to try the cheese dip since i didn’t believe the vegan version could compare to ooey gooey melted nacho cheese…but it was good! i was pleasantly surprised…maybe i should consider cutting back on the amount of dairy i eat.
pure bar: already in love with this company! sampled all the flavors (my favorite is cherry cashew) and grabbed a big handful of coupons 🙂
equal exchange: mmm…organic and fair trade dark chocolate. what’s not to love?
peanut butter & co: another company i’m already a fan of. i had a spoonful of cinnamon raisin 🙂
vegan treats!!! there was a huge crowd surrounding their table…i’m still kicking myself for not buying anything!
hippie chick bakery: the frankencookie was delicious 🙂
other products that stood out that i didn’t get a chance to snap include:
- manitoba harvest hemp bliss hemp milk (which i plan on review in the future)
- teather fruit snack strips. boston based fruit strip company with really unique flavors.
- tasty bite had a few different products to sample. yummy and i love the convenience of the pouches.
- fed by chuck & co. dessert hummus!! an exciting find!…but it was the end of the day and they only had a couple flavors to try. ’twas good stuff though. hope to see them in stores soon.
- max and ruffy’s vegan dog treats. i accidentally and embarrassingly popped a pumpkin treat into my mouth. and you know what? it wasn’t bad 🙂
some of my swag. i went at the end of the last day so a lot of people were out of samples 😦
question of the day: have you ever eaten pet food?